New {School} Year Resolution Linky Party

Aug 3, 2012

I get so excited every new school year about all of the things that I would like to try differently.  I cannot think of many other jobs that allow you to start fresh each and every year.  How refreshing!  Each year I get to walk into a clean classroom full of new ideas (many from pinterest), fresh perspective, and a love for my job.  Amanda over at Teaching Maddeness is throwing a linky party to celebrate these "new {school} year resolutions."  I never thought of my fresh ideas as a new year's resolution but that is totally what it is!  And I am thrilled to be a part of the party.





Resolution 1: Devote more energy/time/love to writing!  This has never been a very strong subject for me but I started focusing my time on it last year during my small groups.  I want to continue my learning!  I think this will actually be a very easy resolution to accomplish since our grade level is departmentalizing.  Maria's class will focus primarily on writing.  We will co-teach to support the writing of our firsties.  I am so excited to be co-teaching writing!

Resolution 2: Consistently completing running records for each student.  For some reason, time for running records has always been a struggle for me.  Over the last few years, I have improved with my management techniques: using labels, organizing them in a binder, devoting time each day to them....I have lacked on making sure that I am keeping track of each student's progress through running records.  Karen and I will be co-teaching reading this year.  We have our running record plan in place and I look forward to meeting this goal!

Resolution 3: I WILL balance all of the changes within my school.  Our grade level is making many changes this year: departmentalizing, leveling, co-teaching, using the literacy collaborative framework, implementing common core standards...hmmm...I know there is more.  I am thrilled, scared, nervous...and determined to make it all run smoothly and well!

I know my resolution list could go on and on and on and on...what are your resolutions this year?

Em

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up to the party, Em! Sounds like you have some great resolutions and plans in place to help you follow through with them! :) Hope you have a fabulous new year!

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! We will reply through email or in a comment above. Thank you!!