Something New

Nov 4, 2012






The Hands-On Teacher is hosting a Link-Up and I just could not resist.  To join in please click HERE!

So--I love to cook.  My husband is a much better cook than me; therefore, he does most of it.  But I am a better baker and just really enjoying losing myself in a good recipe.  We love to try out new recipes each week (thank you pinterest)!  We tried out quite a few new ones this weekend but I took some pictures of only one of them to share!  Oh yeah--I should warn...I am not good at coming up with my own recipes.  They always come from someone else.

This one comes from a new Whole Foods Kids flyer that I picked up.  I tried to find the recipe online, but I can't find this version.  So here is a picture.

Squash has become one of my favorite foods to cook in fall/winter.  I cooked up my squash.
Cooked up the apples with onions (but I forgot the onions until the end, of course).



I blended it all up with some good spices!


And...that's it! The soup was done.
I popped it in the freezer for later.  Here's to hoping that my girls will eat it :)

Happy Sunday!
Em




5 comments:

  1. MMMMMMMM! That looks super yummy! Perfect recipe for this time of year! :)

    Thanks for linking up!
    Marie
    The Hands-On Teacher in First!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! I hope it tastes as good as it looks :)
      Em

      Delete
  2. This looks so good! We have "Try it Tuesday" each week. We might have to try this tomorrow! Thanks for sharing!!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOh! I hope you like it! I can't wait to hear. We will be trying it on Thursday....after conferences :)

      Em

      Delete
  3. Your soup sounds yummy! I will have to try it! Thanks for joining my blog. :)
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! We will reply through email or in a comment above. Thank you!!