Time to Assess

Apr 4, 2013

This week we needed to do a quick assessment on high frequency words.  We always test our firsties after our 6 week unit to find out what words they have mastered.  Typically, I flip through cards to do this assessment.  But this week I decided to make up a quick powerpoint.  Each slide is set up to show for 3 seconds (since they are sight words) and then it changes to the next word.  WOW!  This was so much easier for me.  I could take notes on what they actually said and when they quickly self corrected themselves.
You can click on the picture to download the powerpoint.  You should be able to just change the words to fit your needs because I know you don't want my Reading Street Unit 4 words.
Hope this helps!
Em

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea! I'm definitely using this idea the next time I assess sight words. Thanks for sharing.

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lesley-
      You will have to let me know how it works for you!!

      Em

      Delete
  2. You are the smartest girl I know!!! :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! We will reply through email or in a comment above. Thank you!!