Super Sleuth Blog Hop Stop #11

Oct 25, 2013



The Case of the Missing Nursery Rhymes

Calling all young detectives!!  My nursery rhyme objects got all mixed up and I need help matching them to the correct rhyme!


This activity asks students to read through 8 different nursery rhymes with you.  Then they must look at clues and decide which rhyme the clues match to.  It is a great way to get our younger students to think critically about the text. It forces the students to do more than read on the surface.  They must think critically and problem solve! This is also an excellent activity that can be used for a Family Literacy Event.

This detective bundle includes:
  • Classroom and Event ideas
  • Family invitation
  • Nursery Rhyme book
  • Detective Notebook
  • and A Powerpoint to display the rhymes
Grab this Blog Hop FREEBIE by clicking on the image below.  
Now that you've learned a little about the missing nursery rhymes, you're ready for my clue.  On your form, you can record the letter. (If you don't have the form--head back to stop #1.)
If this is your first stop, you can start at stop #1 with Comprehension Connection.
Thanks for visiting today.  I hope you'll enjoy my activity with your students, and if you'd like to keep informed of upcoming events from our group, please click the button below to follow us on Bloglovin'.


 Hope you enjoy your detective journey! Now, on to the...

  


















6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the freebies from your blog hop. I love the idea! When I clicked the next stop button on your page, it took me to the previous page (Luckeyfrog's Lilypad). I was able to go to All Four Reading by clicking the link, but you might want to change your link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea for a Pre-K/K family night. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Carla Comprehension Connection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited that you like it! That is a huge compliment.

      Delete
  3. Love the idea, but unfortunately the picture to click on is not showing up on my computer. Is it possible to send it to me? Many thanks for sharing.
    kburch@sjbplymouth.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute nursery rhyme activity! I love the idea of a family reading night. We do a family game night with all literacy games. This will be a great activity for our littlest learners!

    Wendy
    Read With Me ABC

    ReplyDelete
  5. How perfect is this! We're due up for poems next week in my current student teaching placement, and this would be great to use at some point! Thanks!

    Sarah Beth
    Miss White's Classroom

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! We will reply through email or in a comment above. Thank you!!