Memorable Moments

Oct 27, 2016

Today things happened today.
1. We went to a play.
2. We had a ribbon cutting ceremony.

And both reminded me of something very important.  Those big and small memories matter.

Watching their faces at the play (Piggy and Gerald play)...oh my goodness!  So much excitement, happiness, and wonder.  Hearing comments like..."that was my first play" or "I LOVED every part of it"...just made my heart beat with happiness.

Then...

We had a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate our very first "Character Hall of Fame." (You can read more about it HERE).  It was a simple thing, really.  Took about 5 minutes.  I put up a ribbon on the wall over the frames of characters.  After discussing the significance of a ribbon cutting ceremony, I used GIGANTIC scissors to cut the ribbon.  Then the students walked down the hall to check out the pictures they drew of kind characters we have read about this year.  Then I hear it..."I can't BELIEVE I get to do this!"

It is in these sweet moments that I remember the school experience is about so much more than the day to day.  It is the combination of all these experiences that we are able to provide.

What wonderful memories we were able to build upon today.

Em

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a great day! Off to read more about the character hall of fame!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! We will reply through email or in a comment above. Thank you!!