Shift: One Little Word

Jan 1, 2020


For the past few years I have strayed away from New Year's Resolutions and picked one word to focus on.  This has led to more personal growth than I ever saw with a resolution.

2019 was by no means a rough year; however, each age brings its own set of new challenges.  And 2019 was no different.  I now have an 11 year old and a 9 1/2 year old that have their own interests: volleyball, piano, baking, sewing...
And their own opinions about books, politics, movies, food...
And then there are the hormones...


With their older age has come later bedtimes.  I have found that this means less time for me to complete school work, blog, and create.  Mostly because I am exhausted by that time of the night. 

I try hard to meet the girls needs of playing with friends, indulging in creative ideas they have, providing opportunities for physical activity, weekly family dinners...
I try hard to meet my own needs of yoga, reading, water aerobics, time with friends...

But what I have found out in 2019 is that I am struggling with their shift in age.  My shift from blogging to not blogging.  Creating a lot to not creating much.  Shifting from a huge focus on my career to focusing on families interests.  The list could really go on. 

Basically, I am struggling with the shift in time.  The changes that time brings. I will be 40 this year.  And I want to focus on growing with these shifts in time instead of resisting these shifts in time.

So my word this year...shift.


2 comments:

  1. As always—great reflection and adjusting to life. Shift is a wonderful word. Best wishes to you and your family in 2020!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much friend!! And I hope to see you in 2020!

      Delete

We love to hear from you! We will reply through email or in a comment above. Thank you!!