Author and Writer Sign Freebie

Jun 25, 2013

I have been trying to get myself motivated to make stuff for school.  I'm still suffering from post-vacation sleep deprivation.  :)  This is not because I haven't had the time to sleep, I'm just "busy". aka  catching up on dvr, finding new shows for the summer, staying up late because I CAN not because I HAVE to.  :)  So yesterday I got up and said, "Summer, I have to start working!"  It took me like 10 hours a little time to create.  :)

At the end of last year I gave my firsties "Ways to Write" over the summer.  At the top I titled it, "Once a Writer, ALWAYS a Writer" hence where the signs came from.  :)  I really want my firsties to embrace that they are AUTHORS when they walk in my door as well, so this I made the second sign.  I'm also thinking I will greet them at the door with a "Good Morning Author" "So glad you are hear Author", etc. 

I hope you can use these in your classroom!  :)  Just click on the pictures for your freebies! 



Thanks to Krista Wallden from The Creative Chalkboard for the super cute clipart and Rowdy in Room 300
 for the font!  I also used the polka dot background from The Clipart Factory

3 comments:

  1. Your signs are very cute! I share your struggle with summer motivation - or the lack thereof. It's sooo hard not to waste time when you can! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the signs! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! We will reply through email or in a comment above. Thank you!!