Birthday Love

Feb 1, 2013

Isn't this the cutest picture ever?????? 
My Curious Friend Em's hubby made it for us with one of our firsties monkeys that was made at the beginning of the year.  :)
We L.O.V.E. it!

Tomorrow we will be celebrating our Curious buddy Karen's b-day by giving her a shirt with this on it!  :)  We are so SUPER excited about giving this to her.  We also made shirts for each of us because that's how.we.roll. in first grade. Em is so good about doing the Five for Friday, so I'm sure you will see a picture of us rockin' our new shirts tomorrow.  :)

Also.......  Tomorrow starts the month of LOVE!
In my mind, the song, "L is for the way you look at me. O is for the only one I see. V is very, very, extraordinary, E is even more than anyone that you adore and LOVE is all that I can give to you....."
My nephew who is now 13 *gasp* and I danced to this song at my wedding when he was 3. 
 I digressed....as usual.......  Anyhoo......
I'm working with my great friend Erin from Mrs. Beer's Language Arts Class to promote Random Acts of Kindness in our classrooms with our kiddos.  I'm super excited about this project.  I used a graphic from MelonHeadz and fonts from Kimberly Gershwin to make this project.....


Click above image to see what we are doing.  :)  Yes.... we'll have to do more than one per day to make it, but many are things like... compliment a friend, pat someone on the back (we'll make actual hands and give them a real pat on the back!), send a hug to a soldier. I'm so excited to get this started.  It'll be done in conjunction with my other writing lessons, but what better way to show our kiddos we care about them than by teaching them how to show love and compassion to others.

So we challenge you.... show you care by doing a few Random Acts of Kindness through this month that celebrates L.O.V.E.
 And to our Curious Friend Karen.... We LOVE YOU!!!!!

Maria, Em, and Natalie



1 comment:

  1. I love the random acts of kindness idea! I'm going to have to figure out a way to squeeze this in!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! We will reply through email or in a comment above. Thank you!!