Book Character Wednesday WOW!

Dec 18, 2013


 We decided this year to do a Spirit Week before we left for Winter Break. The theme this year: believe!
Here is what we came up with:

Monday-"I believe I'm a reader." --dress up like a book character
Tuesday-"I believe I'm a mathematician." --dress up as a "math-lete"
Wednesday- "I believe I'm a writer." --wear something with words
Thursday- "I believe I'm a scientist." --wear a "mad scientist" hair-do
Friday- "I believe in myself." --wear your best

My first WOW for this week came on Monday.  All the teachers came together and really did such an amazing job dressing up as book characters.  I hope they don't mind but I have to share...
Viola Swamp and Waldo



Dorothy, Laura Ingalls, Fancy Nancy, Pinkalicious, Give a Mouse a Cookie

Pirate, Camilla Cream
Mickey

Minnie

Tinkerbell, Rudolph

Sam I Am
Dorothy and the Wicked Witch (Maria's little one!)
I know I missed a few great characters!  Ugh! Sorry...the day just gets away from me.

So that is my WOW! for the week.  What a great school to be a part of!

Please link up below and share something great that is going on this week for you :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Those decorations are amazing, and I LOVE the character outfits! It looks like you work with a fun group of ladies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! I am always having children tell me they can't read, write, etc.... I love how this promotes positivity in all areas of learning. The staff at your school look like they are having as much fun as the children!
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a sweet idea. I'm sure the kids had a blast!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. How does someone dress up as a math-lete?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all made sure that we wore numbers that. I had on a shirt that said "Math" . Then I wore baseball socks and gym shoes. Other people had on jerseys.

      Delete
  5. Wow! How exciting for students and staff!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! We will reply through email or in a comment above. Thank you!!