Monday FREEBIES!

Jul 28, 2013

Excited to be linking up with a FREEBIE today!  I sure do love a good deal :)


 So I have found that I have become just A LOT obsessed with Donna Boucher from math coach's corner!  After reading, reading, and reading her new posts, old posts, and in between posts, I have realized how much MORE I need to do with our firsties in math.  Natalie and I have decided to spend about 2 weeks this year just building our hundreds chart with our firsties to really help build that number sense.  Anyways...all of my reading has led me to this FREEBIE!  It is a Number of the Day math sheet.  Students have to find the number, make/color the number, circle the number with tens frames, make equations for the number, and more!!  Just click on the image to grab a copy.  I included an example page in the freebie.
There are many more math posts to come...here is a little sneak peek (based on some more Math Coach suggestions).

hhmmmm.....what could they be up to?

BTW...just found this Facebook page.  Filled with freebies...if you need some more :)



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the freebie, Em! It's always great to start small and work your way up, providing a base for kiddos really!

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees
    ventrellasara@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great freebie! Thanks so much! I will definitely be able to use this. I love the Math Coach too. She makes math so much fun and so meaningful!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. THanks so much for the awesome freebie! I am a first grade teacher too and I could not agree more! I like your idea of just building hundreds charts for 2 weeks and I can see how that will really help them with their number sense!
    Laura ~ First Grade Spies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em, I discovered the Math Coach this summer too. she is fantastic! I have already made many of her projects. I did a really easy one for Monday Made It.
    I use Everyday Math. That program does a lot with hundreds charts. I think you are getting ready to make the same thing I want to make right quick before school starts...the number bracelets or maybe you are going to make the rekenreks. I made some, but I need to go and read to make sure I'm using them correctly! ;P
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! We will reply through email or in a comment above. Thank you!!