Oct 31, 2013

Late...Wednesday WOW!...oops!


Happy Halloween!
Did you go out tonight?  I walked around with a mermaid and a Spider-Girl.



Did I mention that it was pouring...wait...POURING!  We got a little soaked.  But that just makes for a very memorable night.

So, moving on...I completely forgot my own linky party!  Oh my!  It is late, but I'm rollin' with it. :)


I have two small WOWs this week.  First one-Aimsweb.  We just adopted Aims as our progress monitor for math and reading this year.  We did math last year but not the reading component.  I have been working hard to understand the "rate of improvements," growth lines, trend lines, etc (should I keep listing?)  I did figure out many things but then we had some training yesterday....and...AHA! I finally get it.  I finally get it.

Second up...home.  I have been feeling a little overwhelmed lately (anyone else?)  It is my fault.  I look around my house, or think about school, or think about blog-land and just start to feel overwhelmed with all the things that need or want to do.  So much cleaning, so many toys, so many student needs, ( I shouldn't go on.)
That leads me to home.  We went to my parent's house for dinner this week (they just live next door).  And I realized (well, forgot) how nice it can be to just be at home.  To just relax.  To not need to clean.  No laundry for a little while.  It was needed.  It was nice.  We probably all have a place that is calming to us.  But I seem to forget that my place is just next door.

Hope you can link up to share something WOW about your week.

 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my!!!! I totally hear yah! I feel extremely overwhelmed, too! I'm juggling between report cards, our school newspaper, a school function, planning, report cards, reading blogs, and my 3 sons' hockey schedules. Phew! My poor little 'ol blog has also been neglected. :-(
    We were out in the rain, too. It was so windy that our umbrella didn't want to cooperate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just linked up. Thanks for the linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your feelings.....it's nice to know that others feel overwhelmed as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're never alone! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. I am so glad you fit some relaxation time in this week! Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! We will reply through email or in a comment above. Thank you!!