Wednesday WOW-Party Style

Feb 12, 2014



I hope you can link up with a WOW moment from your week (personally or professionally).  It is so great to hear about all the great things going on.

My WOW this week is personal (with some great learning involved).

About a month ago my five year old decided she we were going to have a dress up party.  Hmmm...I am pretty sure that means I would be inviting, cleaning, organizing, buying food.  No thanks!  But then I had a "teacher moment" and decided that she could host the party but she was in charge of everything (except cleaning the bathrooms!)  She took on the challenge.

First came her invitation:

 Next came the stations with signs (puzl, game, kulr, book, play):

On the day of the party she prepared the food (jelly sandwiches):

Then they arrived!  She greeted each guest at the door.  And they were all dressed up.
(We also had a witch, baker, auto mechanic, hockey player, wolverine, Wonder Woman, Suzy Snowflake, and an elf!)


The party starts!  The kids and adults played at the stations:


I wasn't sure how the party was going to turn out.  But WOW!  I was so proud of her.  She put her mind to it and it was a success.

What was your WOW this week?


6 comments:

  1. That's weird, I posted a comment and now it's gone. Hmm...... WOW, WOW, WOW great job Ruby!!! (and Mom!!!) I think she may have a future as a party planner. lol Ask her if she is available to help me plan Delaney's birthday party. What a tremendous learning experience, something she will never forget. Great job Mom!!!
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun party! It looks like she did a great job - WOW! :) And kudos to you for letting her take the reins and run with it!

    Mallory
    Sprinkles for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mallory!! She really did have a great time. And I think it was really inspiring to me and some things that I could do for future celebrations with my students!
      em

      Delete
  3. This is the sweetest thing! I had to do a similar style birthday party when my son invited his entire grade one class. He made the invitations at school and told me about it later! Thank goodness I knew how to handle so many kids at once!
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my!!! His whole class!! I would have been in a panic :) But you are right, being teachers...we can handle a lot of kiddos at once. So glad you stopped by to read!
      em

      Delete
  4. Great party! Love how you let her learn how to do the party planning, a wonderful skill to have. Happy weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! We will reply through email or in a comment above. Thank you!!