Catch Up, Catch Up

Jun 12, 2014

It's been a long time since I've posted about what's been going on in our life.  We've had a pretty emotional last few months.  Actually... it feels like it's been the last year for myself.  Last year I lost my grandma and since then it's felt like there was always a dark cloud over me.  I couldn't get motivated to blog, create, pinterest, or blog stalk like I had been.  I know... I couldn't even get motivated to Pinterest!  Lots of things became less important to me.  There have been lots of great things going on with us, but it always felt like there was always something looming over me.  Have you ever felt that way? 

Then, my close friend that I coached with passed away unexpectedly.  He was healthy.  He was jogging.  Had a heart attack.  I cried for a week.  I didn't know what to do or how to get out of it.  My teaching buddies... I can't thank them enough.  Em was there for me during lunches to chat.  Karen let me cry it out and question everything.  Natalie and Lauren let me talk and cry.  So supportive.  Another great blogging friend let me cry, scream and question. She put everything in perspective and grounded my strong feelings. Thanks so much Jenny! 

So, a few weeks ago, the sun started shining again. I stopped crying.  Turned another year older, had knee surgery (so I can FINALLY run again) and celebrated a few great things with my girls.  It is my hope that life is back to as normal as normal can be with three ladies in the house. :) 

Here are a few pictures to catch you up.  :)

The first "real" picture our youngest has drawn. :)

Easter Egg Hunt at my sister's house.

 

Our oldest celebrated her First Communion.  The dress she wore was worn by my mom 57 YEARS AGO!  I also wore it as well as my 5 other sisters.  It reminds me of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants because we are all shapes and sizes and it fit us all! :)  She also wore my wedding veil. 


Our youngest finally got her Kings Island Pass!  And almost everyone moved up in their height. :)  Lots of growing going on in this family, BUT I'm thankful NONE of us (well... children anyway) are tall enough for the Banshee yet.  I'm not ready to stomach that coaster yet. 


We've hung around at the park, built forts, had puppet shows and went to story time with Em's girls and my niece with the princesses. :)  It was cute.  I think they were high school girls, but they were super cute and sang wonderfully! 





Finally this little lady finished Kindergarten.  I'm so, so, so proud of her. Love that outfit!
I tried to talk her out of it, but she wanted to wear red on red.  She actually had on capris that were pink and white striped.  She rolled them up under her skirt.  Should I be worried?


 
Thanks for sticking with me.  It is my hope to blog, create and share lots more because we have a lot of great stuff going on friends! :) 

I'd love to hear what you've been up to! 

5 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling better. It's summer, the perfect time to relax, renew, and recharge! Thanks for sharing all of the pics. The last one reminds me of something my youngest would do too! Girls! What will we do with them?! Have a great summer friend!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your losses. I know exactly how you feel. In the past 12 months I have lost 8 people close to me, including my mom, my best friends father, another best friends sister, another good friends mother and my husbands father. It is truly hard to get motivated to do anything but the mundane daily routines. You have a beautiful family, take comfort in the time you spend with them.
    Enjoy your summer.
    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first "real" picture. I saved a few of those from my children who are now 16 and 19 :)
    Have a great summer,
    Michelle
    www.mrsscotese.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It goes so fast, huh. I think I will blink and these girls will be walking down an aisle of some sort.
      Hoping you enjoy your summer as well!!! :)
      Maria

      Delete
  4. When my mom passed away, I had no motivation. I didn't cook or clean. I remember stopping at Wendys for a baked potato every night and then laying on the couch watching TV. (I was single with no kids before you think I was a terrible mom.) About nine months after she passed away, my friend and I went on a trip. As we were driving, the passenger would read those Chicken Soup for the Soul books aloud. We were either laughing or crying about the stories. during that trip, I felt like a weight had been lifted off of me. I think I had been suffering from mild depression and just didn't realize it. I'm glad you are back on track, time is a wonderful healer.
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! We will reply through email or in a comment above. Thank you!!