Last time I made handmade-stitched cards. This time....(drum roll)...BOOKMARKS! They are super cute ribbon and button bookmarks. I think they would be perfect for students that are reading chapter books, volunteer gifts, or just for yourself! The inspiration came from this photo that I saw on Pinterest (I linked the image to the original source; however, it only takes you to an image):
Here's what you need to make one:
2. Buttons (any kind laying around the house will work)
3. Elastic hair ties (any size will work--I only had the smaller ones)
4. Needle and thread
Here's what I did.
1. I wrapped the ribbon around a book. I cut it a few inches short of the ends touching each other.
2. I sewed a button to one end of the ribbon.
3. I sewed the other end of the ribbon to the elastic band.
That's it!! It should look like this:
But WAIT! Before you run off to make them...you can win some that I made :) Here they are:
All classroom or homeschool teachers in U.S. may enter to win these bookmarks. If you win, I will email you. Please respond with your address within 7 days so that you can use them right away! :) Good luck everyone!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Now hop on over to I'm Lovin' Lit and find out what Erin has in store for you!!