Bright Idea..... Cupcake Liners!

May 23, 2015

Hello again friends!


While I know MOST of you are winding down, but I find that when the year starts winding down, my brain starts taking off!  Hence why I can't.stop.thinking.about.next.year....... already.  So, if you're like me and are ready to get a *little* jump on next year, keep reading. 

The past few years, I've stopped using the typical teacher borders in trying to save a little bit of money.  For the last two years, I've used crepe paper which works pretty good, but the bad part is that I teach in a room with NO air conditioning.  Yes you read that right, no air.  It gets hot.  Really hot.  And humid.  Really humid.  So when that happens, the crepe paper sags.  It's not pretty, so I needed another solution.

Recently, my girls and I were on a shopping trip to Michael's in search of Beanie Boos.  Are your kiddos mad about these guys too?  Anyhoo, while shopping I came across some black, chevron cupcake liners and I bought them ALL!  I mean I seriously emptied the bin.  They were only 50 cents, plus a teacher discount?!?!?!  It was a steal I tell you. :)  So here's my new border that is slowly but surely going up around my classroom. Who knew cupcake liners could look so cute! 





 Happy decorating friends!!!!

For more Bright Ideas, please check the other bloggers below that have topics of your interest!  If you enjoyed this idea, please consider following us on Facebook or Maria's TPT.

10 comments:

  1. L-O-V-E!!!! I am wanting to change up my word wall next year (on the chalkboard so it is magnetic) and was thinking I needed a border. I'm thinking a trip to Michael's will be necessary this weekend. Were they on clearance or is that the normal price? I am SO excited! Enjoy your weekend :)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUCH a cute idea! I am definitely going to put this to good use - thank you for sharing Em! xo
    -Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda,
    Yes they were on clearance when I found them. If you can't finds any you like, I can sends you some. I seriously bought tons and there's 75 liners in each package. Also check out Joann's. Sometimes they have cute ones. :)
    Happy decorating!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea! I love the mixing of colors too. You're kids will love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carolyn,
      I'm hoping someone loves them. :) Not many kiddos have remarked about the slow change happening maybe because they are too excited about the end drawing near. :)
      Have a GREAT Monday!
      Maria

      Delete
  5. I would never have guessed from the pictures that these were liners! VERY cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Daliene! I started to think it would be a little too much, but I'm really loving the change. :)
      Maria

      Delete
  6. So very clever and cute. I don't buy commercial teacher borders either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are super cute!! What are beanie boos?

    Kaite
    Mind Sparks

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! We will reply through email or in a comment above. Thank you!!