"Things That Make You Go Hmmmm...".
Rubrics should not be used for grading or evaluating... WHAT, WHAT????? It says a rubrics strength lies in the ability to inform your instruction. (agreed) Last year (and just about every year) we've used rubrics for our firsties. My fellow curious teacher, Karen, is
What are you thinking???? How do you use rubrics in your classroom?
Also, I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around everyone possibly working on different writing pieces all at different times. I know I will *require* my kids to complete certain pieces, but does that go against Writing Workshop???? If I knew how, maybe I would hold a writing workshop linky party. Maybe after everyone has settled into school. :)
So now.. my second linky..... at Grade Three is the Place for Me
1. what state you are in
2. your current teaching position
3. your teaching experience
4. when you started blogging
5. share a blogging tip / blogging resource
Here are my answers.....
2. First Grade~ writing, interactive read alouds and a little SS and Science to all our Firsties
3. I will be starting my 14th year of teaching. (SERIOUSLY???)
4. I just started blogging at the END of June. I am in this with my teaching partners as well. :)
5. Tips...tips...tips.... hmmm.... put your blog address on all your comments! It has gotten us a few looks from new friends. :)
All you have to do is LINK UP now!