Let's Get Acquainted!

May 19, 2013


So excited to be doing a Linky Party with Flying into First!



1.  What made you decide to become a teacher?
 Em- For me it was being a big sister.  I had two younger sisters; therefor, I was teaching telling them how to ride a bike, dive into the pool, and set up their Barbie dream house.  It is just what I did, so it is now what I do.
Maria-  Actually, my Curious Teacher Friend Karen is the reason I became a teacher.  I saw what she did for us and her class when I was playing volleyball for her (for 3 years in high school) and something just clicked. When they asked what I was going to major in,  I didn't hesitate for a moment... Elementary Education.
 
2. What has been your most rewarding experience as a teacher?
 Em-I work with students that need to feel safe, wanted, and loved.  For me it is most rewarding that my students know I love them and that they are safe when they are with me.
Maria- My first year at this school, I had a little guy who saved all his "Bulldog Bucks" because he wanted to have lunch with the Superintendent.  Now.. this wasn't even an option in our store, but once he told me.... I had to make it happen!   He had to write him a letter and everything to the Superintendent because I was going to make him earn it.  :)  So our Superintendent obliged for lunch and even invited him to the Board Meeting to be the Superintendent for a day!  He was in heaven and so was I....for him. It was a very rewarding experience for all of us!   :)
 
3. If you were not a teacher, what would you be?
Em- hmm...good question.  I know a lot of things that I would not be but it is much harder for me to think about what else I could be.  I have always liked maps.  Maybe a cartographer?  
Maria-  I would have been a paramedic.  All my life that's what I wanted to be.  I did tell my mom that if I wasn't a paramedic, I would have been a truck driver. :)   


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! We will reply through email or in a comment above. Thank you!!