World Choir Games.... wish me luck!

Jul 11, 2012

If you haven't heard yet, the World Choir Games are being hosted for the first time in the United States this year.  And even better, they are in Cincinnati!!!!  On Friday, my choir will perform in the competition.  I am so nervous... excited... nervous.... proud... nervous.  Did I mention I'm nervous?  We had to memorize our songs and there is one song that still throws me for a loop.  :) 

The picture above is on the windows of the Westin Hotel in Downtown Cincinnati.  We walked in the Parade of Choirs on Tuesday and let me tell you, I felt like I was FAMOUS.  Everyone was cheering, waving, and smiling on the whole parade route.  We were singing various patriotic tunes and it was so amazing to see people singing right along with us.  There was so much energy in the crowd that night and as I said for once, I felt famous. 

Here are a few more pics for you to enjoy.
Walking in the parade
This is a picture of all the USA choirs waiting at the Duke Energy Convention Center.
We were all singing "The Star Spangled Banner" and "God Bless America" .
It was beautiful. Music does bring the world together.

Look at all the people on the sidewalk!  Amazing!


Sing something for me today!

Maria

1 comment:

We love to hear from you! We will reply through email or in a comment above. Thank you!!