A Firey Five for Friday

Oct 11, 2013






Anyone else wonder how to balance it all?  Whew!  Some nights are harder than others for sure.  But...I guess we just do what we can and then keep going.  I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs to share a little about my week.

1.
First up....my girls and fire safety week!
They learned about fire safety at their daycare "school" this week.  My three year old was sharing all of her facts with me each night.  My favorite..."You can't take your toys if there is a fire...they will melt."  Very true.

We headed over to a fire station for some fun learning.




(Sorry for all the photos...we had so much fun.  I'll move on.)
2.
Next up...more story problems.
This week we started to work on having our firsties create their own "fall creature" story problems.  Our classes are at different stages of this process.  But here are some examples of where we are now:




 3. 
And third....apple combinations
Along with story problems, we have been working on making combinations.  Natalie's room is filled with apples this year.  So this led me to create an apple combination sheet.  If you would like this just click on the image....is is a FREEBIE!


 4. 
The Super Sleuth Blog Hop is coming up very soon!!!  October 25th to be exact!! You will be able to pick up a lot free materials for literacy through this Blog Hop.  Plus enter to win some money :)  Here is a little preview of my product.  It is perfect for Pre-K (with support) through 1st grade.

5. 
Last up....Baltimore and D.C.
I know I mentioned this before but I am heading to the NCTM conference for math on Wednesday.  Natalie and I sat down and picked out all my classes that we felt would benefit our firsties the most.  Lots of number sense presentations are on my list!  I hope to be able to share many great new ideas with you!
Any suggestions on things to do while I am in Baltimore and D.C.?

Happy weekend :)

8 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to hearing about NCTM! How fun.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I teach in Baltimore City! While in Baltimore, the Inner Harbor, Science Center and National Aquarium are the biggest attractions. There are some great art museums downtown as well. DC - you have to go to the Smithsonians (American History museum is my favorite). I'm a big fan of the National Zoo, but I do not really like the Baltimore Zoo. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a great time in Baltimore and DC! I live in DC and unfortunately most things are closed because of the shutdown. BUT the Newseum is open! It's not free, but totally worth the money! I LOVE it. And of course theres tons of good food- check out 14 St NW between N and U for all sorts of awesome restaurants!

    Heather
    The Land of I Can

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Heather! I can't wait to check out the restaurants you mentioned. Eating is one of my favorite things to do :)

      Delete
  4. Your firefighter was too cute!! I like the idea with the fall/Halloween story problems.

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader….

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I agree with Heather. Most of our museums are shutdown, but the Newseum is a must and I think they have a JFK exhibit now. The Baltimore aquarium is also wonderful... a bit pricey, but great if you have time! Enjoy!!
    Annie
    Three Cheers for First Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you have too many pictures of your kids...I think not. They are sooo cute! I hope you had a fantastic time in Washington!!!
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! We will reply through email or in a comment above. Thank you!!